Wednesday, May 26, 2010
Monday, May 17, 2010
TELECOMMUNICATION BOARD MEETING AGENDA
Thursday, May 20, 2010
City Administration Building, Room 219
113 West Mountain Street
Call to Order and Roll Call
(1) Approval of April 15, 2010, meeting minutes
(2) Adoption of May 20, 2010, agenda
(3) University of Arkansas Television Report
UATV quarterly report
UATV contract issues:
(4) Cox Communication Report with discussion of board recommendation on Cox franchise.
(5)AT&T progress discussion
(6) Government channel 16 Television Report from Fayetteville Television Center manager: New playback system
(7) CAT 18 Television Report from Cable Access Television interim administrator: New playback system
Representative of CAT Board: Progress of search
(8) Telecom Board policy subcommittee discussion and latest version of policy document from committee
Telecom Board recommendations to the City Council on the Government Channel Policy.
(9)Report from the Internet committee on recent meeting
(10) Report from committee on brainstorming for administrative restructuring of city Telecasting Center
(11) Report on what PEG channels are being received in local hotels, motels or apartment complexes.
(12) Discussion of quality of PEG channels received at homes of board members
(15) Coverage-area residents' comments*
(16) Agenda for June 17, 2010, meeting
(17) Announcements from Board Members
* Residents of the coverage area of the PEG channels wishing to address matters on the agenda may make comments when the Board addresses the item, subject to time limitations the Board may establish.
Residents wishing to address matters not on the agenda may make comments during resident comments, subject to such time limitations as the board may establish. The Board, however, shall not act on such matters. Latecomers may comment at this time on agenda items discussed before their arriva