Monday, July 12, 2010
Telecommunication Board's agenda for July 15, 2010, meeting
TELECOMMUNICATION BOARD MEETING AGENDA
Thursday, July 15, 2010
City Administration Building, Room 219
113 West Mountain Street
Call to Order and Roll Call
(1) Approval of May 20, 2010, and June 17, 2010, meeting minutes
(2) Adoption of July 15, 2010, agenda
(3) University of Arkansas Television Report
UATV quarterly report
UATV contract issues
(4) Cox Communication Report
(5)AT&T progress discussion
(6) Government channel 16 Television Report.
(7) CAT 18 Television Report from Cable Access Television interim administrator or newly hired manager or both
Representative of CAT Board.
(8) Telecom Board policy subcommittee discussion and latest version of policy document from committee.
Telecom Board recommendations to the City Council on the Government Channel Policy. At least three key points remain for full board discussion:
a. Restoration of local registered voters' right to request Government Channel public forums on subjects of concern to residents of the coverage area.
b. Level of priority for emergency requests for coverage of local-government meetings that, if not recorded by Government Channel, would result in a violation of the Arkansas Freedom of Information Act.
c. Clarification of wording of policy document to guarantee that meetings be recorded from beginning to end and be aired in full with editing limited to addition of graphic elements standard for such telecasts.
(9) Report from the Internet committee on future meeting plan.
(10) Report from committee on proposed brainstorming session.
(11) Consideration of chairman's 2009 report before it is forwarded to City Council.
(12) Presentation by Don Marr, mayor's chief of staff.
(13) Fritz Gisler's presentation of a proposed policy document he compiled.
(16) Coverage-area residents' comments*
(17) Agenda for August 19, 2010, meeting
(18) Announcements from Board Members
* Residents of the coverage area of the PEG channels wishing to address matters on the agenda may make comments when the Board addresses the item, subject to time limitations the Board may establish.
Residents wishing to address matters not on the agenda may make comments during resident comments, subject to such time limitations as the board may establish. The Board, however, shall not act on such matters. Latecomers may comment at this time on agenda items discussed before their arrival.