Mayor Lioneld Jordan
City Attorney Kit Williams
City Clerk Sondra Smith
Ward 1 Position 1 – Adella Gray
Ward 1 Position 2 – Brenda Thiel
Ward 2 Position 1 – Kyle B. Cook
Ward 2 Position 2 – Matthew Petty
Ward 3 Position 1 – Robert K. Rhoads
Ward 3 Position 2 – Robert Ferrell
Ward 4 Position 1 – Shirley Lucas
Ward 4 Position 2 – Sarah Lewis
City Council Meeting
July 6, 2010
|1.||Sales Tax Discussion - Don Marr|
1. Approval of the June 15, 2010 City Council meeting minutes.
2. Woolsey Aviation, Inc. D/B/A Million Air of Fayetteville: A resolution authorizing and approving an airport use and lease agreement for fixed base operations with Woolsey Aviation, Inc. D/B/A Million Air of Fayetteville in the amount of $29,560.20.
3. Ball Plaza Holdings, LLC: A resolution approving a lease with Ball Plaza Holdings, LLC to rent space in the E.J. Ball Building to house the City of Fayetteville Information Technology Division’s server room for the annual amount of $18,504.00.
4. Street Name Change: A resolution renaming a section of N. Shiloh Drive to N. Farm Credit Drive due to street realignment.
5. Sweetser Construction, Inc.: A resolution awarding bid and approving a contract with Sweetser Construction, Inc. in the amount of $285,811.00 for the construction of repairs to the Lake Wilson spillway, and approving a 15% project contingency.
6. Garver, LLC Amendment No. 1: A resolution approving contract Amendment No. 1 with Garver, LLC in the amount of $79,400.00 for construction phase services related to Lake Wilson Spillway Improvements.
7. Ground Zero Construction, Inc.: A resolution awarding bid and approving a contract with Ground Zero Construction, Inc. in the amount of $64,750.00 for construction of Hamestring Creek Tributary restoration through the Red Oak Park Supplemental Drainage Improvements Project, and approving a 15% project contingency.
8. Amend Police Department Policies: A resolution approving amendments to Fayetteville Police Department Policies 33.1 Training; 41.2.7 Department Response to Mentally Ill Subjects; and 44.2.4 School Resource Officers.
1. RZN 10-3566 (932 Garland): An ordinance rezoning that property described in rezoning petition RZN 10-3566, for approximately 0.84 acres, located at 932 Garland Avenue from R-PZD, Residential Planned Zoning District 06-2256 (932 Garland), to R-O, Residential Office and RMF-40, Residential Multi-family, 40 units per acre. This ordinance was left on the Second Reading at the June 15, 2010 City Council meeting.
2. ADM 09-3273 (Business Registry and License Program): An ordinance to amend the Fayetteville code by enacting a chapter to create a business registry and to require annual business licenses for all businesses and non-profits with locations within Fayetteville. This ordinance was left on the Second Reading at the June 15, 2010 City Council meeting.
3. Amend Chapter 97 Parks and Recreation: An ordinance to amend Chapter 97 Parks and Recreation of the Code of Fayetteville to permit and regulate signs recognizing donor contributions. This ordinance was left on the Second Reading at the June 15, 2010 City Council meeting.
4. Johnson Enhanced Water Service Contract: A resolution to approve a 15 year contract for enhanced water service between Fayetteville and Johnson. This resolution was tabled at the June 15, 2010 City Council meeting to the July 6, 2010 City Council meeting.
5. Johnson Sanitary Sewer Service Contract: A resolution to approve a 15 year contract for sanitary sewer service between Fayetteville and Johnson. This resolution was tabled at the June 15, 2010 City Council meeting to the July 6, 2010 City Council meeting.
1. Raze and Removal 890 S. Washington Ave.: A resolution ordering the razing and removal of a dilapidated and unsafe structure owned by Ronald and Betty Ramirez located at 890 S. Washington Avenue in the City of Fayetteville, Arkansas and approving a budget adjustment of $4,149.00.
1. City of Johnson Agreement: A resolution to approve an agreement with the City of Johnson concerning payment of $35,000.00 to Johnson, Johnson conveying .77 acres to Fayetteville, the cities mutual assistance in obtaining right-of-way for the Van Asche extension, budget adjustment of $35,000.00 and other purposes.
2. Amend Chapter 33: Departments, Boards, Commissions, and Authorities: An ordinance to amend Chapter 33 Department, Boards, Commissions and Authorities by enacting Title XXI, Fayetteville Arts Council into the Fayetteville Code.
3. Amend Chapters 169: Physical Alteration of Land and Chapter 170: Stormwater Management, Drainage and Erosion Control: An ordinance amending Chapter 169: Physical Alteration of Land and Chapter 170: Stormwater Management, Drainage and Erosion Control of Title XV of the Code of Fayetteville (Unified Development Code), to clarify stabilization requirements, require phased construction for sites larger than 20 acres, clarify re-vegetation requirements, clarify requirements for cut and fill slopes and retaining walls, define maintenance responsibility for stormwater management systems, restrict location of dirt and topsoil storage and define stabilization practices for dirt and topsoil storage, define a qualified inspector for erosion and sediment control best management practices, and require site plans for one and two family residences to contain a plan for erosion and sediment control and final on-site drainage.
Amend Chapters 169: Physical Alteration of Land and Chapter 170: Stormwater Management, Drainage and Erosion Control
4. Amend Chapter 171: Streets and Sidewalks: An ordinance amending the Unified Development Code Chapter 171: Streets and Sidewalks to amend and clarify sidewalk and driveway approach construction standards.
5. Amend Chapter 177: Landscape Regulations: An ordinance amending Title XV: Unified Development Code of the City of Fayetteville, to amend Chapter 177: Landscape Regulations in order to modify existing requirements and regulations that address perimeter landscaping for development.
6. Ozark Transit Authority Interlocal Agreement: An ordinance approving an amendment to the Interlocal Agreement providing for participation of the City of Fayetteville in the Ozark Transit Authority.